Tips and recommendations on how to use the groups tab.
Here are a couple of tips on how to use features on the Groups tab.
- Add Group Button: The “Add Group” button will create new groups. Each time you click the button a new group will appear.
- Group Ordering: The groups are ordered alphabetically automatically. When new groups are created a “_” is put at the front of the name so that you can quickly edit the new group you just added. Remove the “_” to have the group stored alphabetically.
- Changing a Student’s Group: Next to each student’s name/email, there is a dropdown menu. If you click on the dropdown arrow you can manually change a student to a different group.
- Remove Student from Course Button: Below the individual student group dropdown button is the “Remove Student” button. Click this, then click the confirmation to remove a student from your course.
- Email a Student/Group: If you click the purple text under the student name you can open up an email to that individual student. If you click the purple text “Email All Students in Group ##” you will open up an email containing all of the students’ email addresses in that group.